Saturday, August 10, 2013

Bruno's Toy Collection

When we first got Bruno, we only gave him a rope to play with and whatever old stuffed animal I had lying around my room. Today, Bruno has a box full of toys to play with; his toy collection doubled after his birthday. Bruno gets sick of playing with his toys pretty quickly; he’ll probably lose interest in a new toy after a day or two. Luckily for us, he can go back to old toys he hasn't played with in a while and rotate through them. I want to share with you how I pick out toys for Bruno and give you a peek into his toy collection.
"Hi my name is Bruno and these are my toys"
One big mistake I’ve made as Bruno’s mom was giving him my old stuffed animals to play with. After a few hours of determination, he was able to gnaw off the eyes of my stuffed animals! If I hadn't caught him, then he would have swallowed those eyes! So dangerous! So just a heads up guys! Don’t give your fur babies stuffed animals with plastic eyes to play with!!
I like to make sure Bruno has a large variety of toys to play with, so whenever I buy a new toy for him, I would make sure it’s somewhat different than the last.
can you guess what is Bruno's favorite color?
I really like toys that help Bruno clean his teeth, actually I’m not sure if bones are considered toys; they keep him busy so I’ll consider them toys for this post’s sake. Bruno has a Nylabone and an antler. Antlers are pretty expensive depending on their size, but they last close to forever and is totally safe for dogs to ingest. We used to get Bruno bully sticks to chew on but he goes through them so quickly, so it makes more sense to get him an antler. My friend, Desiree, recommended the Nylabone to me because her little frenchie, Stanley, loves his. It cleans teeth as your dog is chewing it and it's bacon flavored... yum! The product claims that the green part of the bone keeps your dog's breath minty fresh, but Bruno is always chewing at the ends so I'm not able to see any results on his breath.
BACON FLAVORED!


we got this months ago and he's barely finished with it

For dogs who are RUFF with their toys, I would recommend Extra Tough Dog Toy stuffed animals (I think that's the name of the brand). I've seen them at Muttropolis Fashion Island and Puss & Pooch Long Beach; they are a little expensive but I think they're totally worth it! I think they're made from canvas type materials, but it's still a plush so it won't hurt your pet when they chew on it. It's one of those things where you have to check it out in person and feel the materials yourself. 

Petsmart carries Toy Shoppe, which also makes tough toys similar to Extra Tough Dog Toy. We got Bruno this shark plush ($16.99) for his birthday; initially, we wanted to get him a Extra Tough Dog Toy stuffed tiger but it was too expensive for us ($33.00). For now, this will have to do. 
meet Chomper
This is currently my favorite toy for Bruno
meet Ellie the elephant
We got Ellie from Target (I think it was less than $10). It's my favorite because it has so many features! It squeaks, it's a rope, and its feet make crispy crunch sounds! and not to mention... it's so cute!  
For parents who do not want to spend too much on toys, here's something you can make on your own. All you need is a regular sock, a water bottle, and some pennies. Put the pennies into the bottle; take some air out of the bottle (do not flatten it too much) and seal it with the cap; put the bottle into the sock and tie up the end. Your dog will enjoy chewing on the sock covered bottle and the sounds of the coins will keep him interested!

No comments:

Post a Comment