Monday, August 5, 2013

Eating with good company… my dog!

Hi there! I hope everybody had a good weekend! I had an awesome weekend celebrating Jarryd’s birthday, but at the same time, I really missed Bruno. Jarryd and I went to San Diego for a brewery tour, and you know what guys, I totally could’ve brought Bruno along! Okay… maybe not, but one of the brewing companies we went to was pet friendly! Green Flash Brewing Company in San Diego allows its customers to bring their dogs in! How fun does that sound? Drinking good beer with good company! I’m not much of a beer lover but I’ll drink light beer. If you ever get the chance to visit Green Flash Brewery, I would recommend the Belgium-style Pale Ale; if you like drinking dark beer (like Jarryd), I would recommend the Double Stout Dark Ale (it was one of Jarryd’s favorites); and if you just don’t care and wanna get a good buzz, I would recommend the Barleywine Style Ale.
I always get a little excited whenever I discover a pet friendly place to eat… or drink. I love taking Bruno out to lunch with me whenever I can. Unfortunately, Irvine doesn’t have a lot to offer when it comes to pet friendly restaurants. There are some restaurants with outside seating where we can bring Bruno, but it’s really limited. Our favorite pet friendly restaurant in Irvine is the Lazy Dog Café. What I love most about Lazy Dog is their dog friendly menu. They offer grilled chicken, hamburger patty, or steamed vegetables (each order comes with white/brown rice). My only complaint is that they don’t have a dessert menu for the dogs, what if Bruno wants some pupcakes or cookies after his meal? The food at Lazy Dog is pretty good for its price. I can never finish my food because the portions are always more than enough. I recommend getting the Cajun fries with whatever you get. IT’S AMAZINGGG! Especially with the chipotle ranch dipping sauce.
Bruno enjoying his chicken and brown rice
My all time favorite pet friendly restaurant is the Congregation Ale House in Long Beach. If Long Beach wasn’t so far away I would eat there at least once a week for the rest of my life (it’s that good)! Unfortunately, they don’t have a menu for the dogs but that’s okay, their food makes up for it. I always get their rib eye and white cheddar burger with Belgian fries and sweet chili sour cream dipping sauce (the rosemary garlic mayo dipping sauce is good too). The burger looks small but don’t let its size fool you, it will fill you up. They have really good deals during happy hours and guess what, Monday is happy hour ALL DAY!
"Where's my food?!"
Another pet friendly restaurant I’ve been to in Long Beach is the Attic. My favorites are their mac and cheese and their short rib poutine. I love how they sprinkle hot cheetos crumbs all over their mac and cheese; it adds the right amount of flavor to this dish. The short rib poutine is just amazing; the meat is so tender and juicy and the fries are so cheesy, ugh! I’m getting hungry just talking about it.
Bruno and his baby cousin Stanley at the Attic
I hope you guys found this helpful! Hopefully I'll discover more pet friendly restaurants in the future to share with you guys! 

follow Bruno's baby cousin Stanley on instagram @stanleymhopland! He's a cutie pie! 

No comments:

Post a Comment