Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Treat Yourself Tuesday: Baby Food Dog Treats

Hi friends! So starting this month I want to try something new, hopefully it’ll become something I’m able to stay consistent with. I want to introduce to you… TREAT YOURSELF TUESDAY! Every first Tuesday of the month I will share with you a dog friendly recipe I have found and take you step by step on how you can make delicious treats for your dog!
I like making my own dog treats because I can control what ingredients goes into the treats. Recently, Bruno’s allergies have been acting up and I have a feeling that it is from all those yummy birthday treats he has been wolfing down.
what?! is there something on my face?
Today I’m going to share with you a very simple dog treat recipe that I’ve found on Pinterest (a lot of recipes I have found is from Pinterest… I love Pinterest!!).
The ingredients for today’s dog treats are:


  • 2 cups of flour
  • 2 jars of baby food
Whenever you’re using something that’s already made (for example, baby food), check the ingredients to make sure that there is nothing your pet is allergic to    
I’m making these dog treats for Bruno’s baby cousin Stanley; he has a very sensitive tummy so his variety of treats is very limited. However, Stanley’s mom told me that he is allowed to eat carrots so I’m going to use baby food that is made out of organic carrots to make his treats.
Let’s begin!
First preheat the oven at 350◦
Mix the two ingredients in a bowl
Roll the dough into a ball
 and use a rolling pin to flatten it out
Here’s the fun part, cut shapes out using a knife or a cookie cutter
Place your treats onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper, then bake for 15 minutes
The treats will come out of the oven a tad soft, but it will harden once it cools. Simple, yes?
I hope your pets enjoy their freshly baked treats! 
Bruno approves!!

No comments:

Post a Comment